Facebook decided to try and force users into the Facebook email system. You know, that email system you never use. When Facebook added @facebook.com email address, all was cool. They left the option to use it up to you.
Sometime in the past few days, they changed your default email address to your @facebook.com address. Here are the steps to take back control.
- Go to your Timeline. You do this by, while logged in, clicking on your account name, next to your profile picture on the top-right of a Facebook page.
- Click about, under your contact info.
- Scroll down to the “Contact Info” box and hit edit (top-right in the “Contact Info” box).
- For each eMail account you want visible on your profile, switch the crossed out circle symbols to a full circle .
- To hide the @facebook.com account, change the open circle to a crossed out circle.
- While your there, make sure who can see your info is set as you want. You do this with the symbol/button to the left of those circles. You can set each email address individually.
- Hit save.
For the most part, Facebook lets you set things however you would like. Unfortunately, like in this case, Facebook sometimes decides how you want things set.Share with your social networks